Fix Windows Update Not Working: Guys as we know Windows 10 launched on the market and every new laptop and computer come with Latest Windows 10 version. But, some of the people like an older version of Windows 7 or Windows XP they are not comfortable with Windows 10 because some of the older software not working in Windows 10 and some older games also not working on Windows 8.1 or 10 so they want to keep the older version of windows. But, sometimes these older versions or windows caught some problem they not update properly and stuck on Windows 7 version so today I will share a method to fix this problem I hope It will work for you.
Sometimes Internet Connection not working properly so the updated stuck in windows 7 you should change the DNS to Google DNS after that restart your computer and retry for downloading Windows update.
Today I will share some tips to Fix Windows Update Not Working
1.) Update Computer Drivers to “Fix Windows Update Not Working“
You should update your drivers because drivers are very important for Windows Computer. Microsoft updates times to times and gives security patches so you need to uptodate your drivers. If you don’t know how to update drivers manually then you can try 3rd party software which is fully automatic just search outdated drivers and update them by using Advance System Care Tools no need to update windows 7 drivers manually.
Also Check: Fix: Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable
2.) Changing DNS Server Settings to “Fix Windows Update Not Working”
Sometime DNS settings not working properly due to some problem may be your ISP or firewall blocks some sites so you need to replace the existing DNS IP to Google DNS it is very simple to do here is the step by step to replace DNS IP.
- Goto the control Panel and search “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Now click on the “Change Adapter settings” which is available on the left top side.
- Right click on your connection Which is currently you are using for the internet access and click on “Properties”.
- Select (TCP/IPV4) Internet protocol version 4 and click on “Properties” button ( Do not select TCP/IPV6 because it is not usable for this time)
- Now select “Use the following DNS server address” radio button
- Now Put Google DNS like this way which is provided image below
Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
3.) Updating Patches to Fix Windows Update Not Working
As we know Microsoft windows release security patches times to times for better experiences and security of the System but, some time we won’t update windows properly, or not download the whole patch files it caught problems so you should turn off the automatic updates or download the whole patch files to avoid Windows update problems.
Also check: Best Survey Bypasser Tools
Here are the step by step instructions to turn off Windows 7 automatic updates
- First of all open the control panel
- Now select Windows update option and open it.
- Now select Change Settings option which is available on the left side
- Under “Important Updates” section, select “Never check for updates (not Recommended) and then save.
- After that restart your computer and now you are ready to download security patch manually.
Here are the method to download these security patches using Google Search
- Open Google.com and search “update for windows 7 for x64-based systems KB3102810” and now open 1st link and click on download button ( Download these patch according to your system like 32bit or 64bit )
- Replace the code “KB3102810” with another codes which is provide on the below and download all security patches one by one.
- KB3102810, KB3083710, KB3020369, KB3050265, KB3172605
- Reboot your PC.
- Now go to Windows Update settings and click on “Check for Updates” button.
- Wait while windows find necessary updates for your PC.
- Now download all the updates and now you can download updates without any problem.
Sometimes we are not able to upgrade on latest version of windows just because of our system configuration. We have 2GB of RAM and Dual core processor so how can we upgrade on Windows 10 so using this method you can Fix Windows Update Not Working problem very easily and use your old system with Windows 7 Operating system.
So using these methods you fixed your computer for “Windows Update Not Working”. Now you can update your computer drivers very easily or automatically and use older system Windows 7 no need to upgrade on Windows 10. Windows 10 free upgrade also finished on 1st Jan 2018 so you have to use older version for free and you can use older version software and games without any problem.