Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving the rankings of your page in search engine results by having more audiences visit your site. SEO plays an integral part in driving traffic towards your website and improve its ranking. Excellent strategies are vital for most businesses because it is vital in the digital marketing world.
Here are some tactics that can help improve your website’s ranking:
1.) Website Usability
The design of your website and organic search performance are essentially linked together that can affect your site’s rank performance. Here are some of the elements that can affect your ranking:
- Learnability– Make sure that your visitors can navigate through your website easily to avoid wasting their time figuring out how to use it.
- Effectiveness– Users must achieve the objective they have when they opened your site such as finding the information they need.
- Efficiency– Effectiveness, and efficiency work hand in hand because aside from finding the date they want, how long can they look for it? If they are having a hard time doing so, the client might navigate away from your website.
2.) Relevant and Useful Content
The amount of time visitors stay on your website is called dwell time, and it has a significant impact on your SEO ranking. You must publish high-quality content for users to navigate and stay longer on your site and as a result, increase the dwell time. Always remember to publish relevant, high-quality, consistent, and valuable to make it worth the time of your audience. Here are some tips on how you can make your post easy to read for visitors:
- Sub-headers– It will make navigating through your website easier if you have sub-headers to guide your visitors down your page and easily find the information they are looking for.
- Bullet Points– If you are publishing content with a lot of data such as facts, ideas, examples, and statistics, it makes it easier for the audience to read them with the use of bullet points.
- Shorter Paragraphs– Make sure to limit your paragraphs with 4-5 sentences to make it easier for the user to grasp the content of your website. Just make sure that the thought is still completely within a paragraph for a better understanding of the information you want to provide the audience.
3.) Page Loading Speed
You might want to make sure that your website’s loading speed is not taking a long time to load. It is because users may leave your page if it takes too long to load. There are several ways to ensure your page’s loading speed is fast enough such as reducing the number and caching plug-ins, minimizing redirects, and making sure your codes are streamlined and clean.
Always take note that the page loading speed is one of the ranking factors of Google. Having a faster loading speed will put your rank on a higher level.
Backlinks are incoming links directing to a webpage. A good backlink to your page helps a lot on your website’s ranking. Just make sure to monitor the performance of each link you have to achieve more significant numbers. You might want to choose links which drive the highest quality traffic to your page and avoid adding those links which have no value or that might penalize you. Avoid your links to be marked as spams by choosing high-quality links to use on your site.
5.) Use Secure HTTP
Google warns its users when they are visiting non-HTTPS websites. You might want to switch to HTTPS to ensure that people can still visit your site. It is a best practice to boost your website’s presence and helps avoid third parties to take advantage of your website. Moving to Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure for your page’s encryption has several benefits such as:
- Privacy and Security– The chances of third party interference will be reduced which results in a greater level of trust from you and your users.
- Improved Website Ranking– Due to the increase of trustworthiness, there will be more traffic to your website over time because Google usually recommends secured sites on its search results.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is rapidly changing nowadays because algorithms are always emerging. You need to adapt to these changes to ensure your website is always on the top. It may be confusing at first, but you can make an effort to understand what SEO really means and what it has to contribute to your business’ success. Improve your website’s ranking by stepping up on your SEO tactics